Here we are at the Trevi Fountain. Gorgeous! There were a thousand people taking pictures at the fountain--it was quite the tourist attraction, but very beautiful indeed.
Here I am at the Pantheon. Let me just say, that I have been dreaming about seeing this building since I was a freshman in college. Some of you know that when I first started college I originally wanted to be a math teacher. After my first calculus class I decided that wasn't such a good idea. During my freshman year at U of A, I enrolled in an elective class called the History of Architecture. In this class we discussed all types of civilizations and how their history is reflected in their architecture. I LOVED this class, and I fell in love with Roman architechture along the way. I have been obsessed with seeing the Pantheon ever since. It was because of this class that I switched my major to history instead of math--a good switch, if I do say so myself! Thank you Pantheon!
Here we are at the Piazza Navona. It's a lively places filled with street performers, artists, and restaurants.
On our last night in Rome we decided to take walk around the city to see some of the sites at night. This is my sitting on the Spanish Steps wearing my new scarf--all the girls were wearing scarves in London and Rome, so I had to join the club.

We also took a walk around the Colosseum one last time...


We had an amazing time in Rome. The sites were spectacular and the food was delicious. They say that all roads lead to Rome, and I hope my road in life leads me there again someday.
We also took a walk around the Colosseum one last time...
We had an amazing time in Rome. The sites were spectacular and the food was delicious. They say that all roads lead to Rome, and I hope my road in life leads me there again someday.
To see all of our pictures from Rome, click here.
8 comments:
I love it!! I think scarfs are the European thing - I have a huge collection (one to match every kind and color of outfit) from my mission in Portugal. We really ought to wear them more in the states! (Although you probably don't get much of a chance to wear them in Arizona!)
Wow, i can just imagine how awsome it was to walk around rome on your last night there! so beautiful and surreal. i think i must have taken a wrong turn or something because i can't really see rome on THIS road...?? =)
I'm glad you walked around in the Parthenon/ Trevi Fountain /Piazza Navona area. Isn't that amazing those small streets and history. Beautiful at night!
Who was you teacher for Arch. History?
When we went to the Pathenon, there was some sort of demonstration outside, and a piece of plaster fell on my head from the ceiling! I kept it in a film canister for awhile!
It must have been so sad to come home!! Did you look for David Duchovny and Minnie Driver in the Piazza Navona? Isn't Italian pizza so much better than american? I mean no offense to Grimaldi's (I have just observed a moment of silence) but Hello delicious!!!! Speaking of Grimaldi's, I'm coming down on Nov. 25th for thanksgiving. Will you guys be in town?
I love, love, love seeing all your pictures and hearing all about your trip. It's just amazing to me. I'm so glad you had the chance to go.
Your pics are so beautiful! It's so fun to see people I know in front of those amazing places...make them actually real! I would LOVE to take this trip! Do me a favor and send me your itinerary for future reference. :) Glad you're having fun!
That is so awesome. To bad I'll never see it in person. Paul won't leave the country.
Wow, Paige! How much fun! I am so glad that you had a fantastic trip and have returned safely! Thanks for sharing the photos. I can tell that you had an all out blast! See you soon... Em
Post a Comment