Sunday, June 28, 2009

Man in the Mirror

I have had a Michael Jackson song stuck in my head ever since Thursday. I’m a fan of Michael Jackson’s music just as much as the next person, but I can’t get his songs out of my head! I’m talking Thriller, Billie Jean, Black or White—you name it, and I’ve had it in my head. I mean, he is EVERYWHERE right now--radio, T.V., and Internet. I even bet that used Thriller CD you bought last summer is really coming in handy right now!!

I think it’s great to pay tribute to the King of Pop; however, the pièce de résistance came today at church when the person speaking incorporated Man in the Mirror into his talk. Wow. Okay, I think that’s going a bit too far. It was even more hilarious because he read the lyrics so seriously, like it was some crazy profound poem or something. I think he may have even had a small tear in his eye. All I know is that when Jay Z passes away I am going to do my best to incorporate Big Pimpin into my church talk.

In the meantime…why don’t we all sing together…“I’m starting with the man in the mirror…”

6 comments:

Angela said...

You are too hi-larious! Your ward really is crazy!

Leah said...

So so funny Paige, we wish we could have been there in church to hear the tribute.

randi said...

haha! that was great. not only your review of it, but that it actually happend. priceless. i'm seriously laughing out loud. and all i know, is that I'M starting with the man in the mirror...right now.

Kate said...

Please change your ways . . .

becks said...

Hahaha! That's so funny because I had Michael Jackson songs stuck in my head, too! But for some weird reason, the one I kept singing the most was "Man in the Mirror." And I only know a few lines of it, so I just kept singing them over and over again. So annoying! Your ward sounds insane!

Ashley and Kyle said...

where was I? and wow, we are so lucky to live in the midst of such heartfelt and creative members