Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Someday My Prince Will Come

Okay…I admit it…I have royalty fever! I can’t get enough of Will and Kate! I was so excited to hear about their engagement. They are just darling and she will make a most perfect princess. I just love it! Apparently their engagement has conjured up all of these childhood obsessions of mine of princesses, Cinderella, and crown jewels. Who knew?

Unfortunately, I learned  that not everyone shares my love for royalty. Last night I excitedly announced to my husband, “Did you hear that Prince William gave Kate Princess Diana’s 18 karat blue sapphire and diamond engagement ring?”

As I said this, I was thinking things like… 
  • Isn’t that adorable?
  • He’s so romantic!
  • Why don’t we have royalty in America? Remind me again?
  • I wish I was a princess!
But my husband said things like…
  • If I was a taxpayer in Great Britain I’d be furious!
  • Those royalty are such a waste. 
  • They should earn their own money.
Not the response I had anticipated. I guess it’s safe to say I will NOT be receiving a sapphire ring for Christmas this year. Oh well. Cheers to Will and Kate!

5 comments:

Kristan said...

I will admit, I opened my US Weekly as soon as I saw the cover :)

Ashley and Kyle said...

Haha, no wonder you and Sean work so perfectly together.

Kate said...

If not a fan of royalty, I am certainly a fan of their names.

Virginia said...

That's like when I was all teary because Princess Diana had been killed and Maury didn't share my sympathy AT ALL! He was like, 'good riddance' or something like that. I learned to keep my romantic ideals to myself after that. But you're more than welcome to share your's with me! :)

Angela said...

This made me LOL a lot! I had to read it aloud to Adam and then couldn't even get it out because I was LOLing too much. Classic Paige and Sean hilariousness!