I had never been to the Tonto Natural Bridge before, and it was beautiful. We went hiking and took in the gorgeous surroundings. Apparently, it the “largest natural travertine bridge in the world.” It is 183 feet high over a 400-foot long tunnel that measures 150 feet at its widest point. It really is something else. I’ve driven past the turnoff to the park a thousand times and all this time I never even knew it was there. I was super fun! If you’ve never been and are in the area—I highly recommend it. After the hike we went to Payson for dinner and gave my Dad a memory book we’ve been working on for the past few months. (A special thanks to everyone who contributed!) Happy Birthday Dad! Here are a few pictures of the fun day!
Friday, October 21, 2011
Birthday Surprise
Last weekend was my Dad’s 60th birthday! We decided to surprise him with a little family get together. We arranged with my Mom to pull off the surprise. We decided to meet at the Tonto Natural Bridge just north of Payson, AZ. We arrived a few minutes before the birthday guest and then SURPRISE! It was so fun to surprise my Dad and be able to spend the day with Dad and Mom.
I had never been to the Tonto Natural Bridge before, and it was beautiful. We went hiking and took in the gorgeous surroundings. Apparently, it the “largest natural travertine bridge in the world.” It is 183 feet high over a 400-foot long tunnel that measures 150 feet at its widest point. It really is something else. I’ve driven past the turnoff to the park a thousand times and all this time I never even knew it was there. I was super fun! If you’ve never been and are in the area—I highly recommend it. After the hike we went to Payson for dinner and gave my Dad a memory book we’ve been working on for the past few months. (A special thanks to everyone who contributed!) Happy Birthday Dad! Here are a few pictures of the fun day!
I had never been to the Tonto Natural Bridge before, and it was beautiful. We went hiking and took in the gorgeous surroundings. Apparently, it the “largest natural travertine bridge in the world.” It is 183 feet high over a 400-foot long tunnel that measures 150 feet at its widest point. It really is something else. I’ve driven past the turnoff to the park a thousand times and all this time I never even knew it was there. I was super fun! If you’ve never been and are in the area—I highly recommend it. After the hike we went to Payson for dinner and gave my Dad a memory book we’ve been working on for the past few months. (A special thanks to everyone who contributed!) Happy Birthday Dad! Here are a few pictures of the fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Isn't it gorgeous there? Next time plan your visit late summer when the berries are ripe and they let you eat them. My boys loved doing that!
I'm definitely going to have to check this place out sometime, it looks amzazing! What a fun suprise for your dad.
oh my goodness how fun!! I've never been there before but I will definitely have to check it out :) Glad it was a fun time for everyone :)
love your pictures Paige, it looks so cool. I want to go! Glad you guys had such a great time.
Oooh I like that place...another place added to the list!
Post a Comment