Sunday, December 18, 2011

Homemade Mac and Cheese

Tis the season…the season to eat lots and lots of yummy food! Perhaps it’s the chill in the air or all this Christmas music I’ve been listening to, but lately all I’ve been craving is comfort food. And nothing says comfort food like homemade Mac and Cheese. Yum! I found this recipe on a blog I follow (The Small Things Blog) and it’s totally fabulous! It’s incredibly delicious and amazingly easy. And I mean super easy! So if you want some warm, gooey, yummy homemade Mac and Cheese I highly recommend this recipe. Enjoy!

Homemade Mac and Cheese

Ingredients:
1 lb (1 box) al dente elbow noodles
1 lb cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper
1/2 cup milk

*cook your noodles to al dente as per the package instructions
**set oven to 375 degrees

Instructions:
1.    Pam/grease your baking dish. 
2.    Place cooked noodles in the bottom of the dish (enough to cover the bottom).
3.    Salt and pepper generously.
4.    Add two large handfuls of cheese.
5.    Start second layer. Repeat exactly what you did in the first layer until you fill your dish.
6.    Place 4-5 tablespoon slices of butter on top of the mac and cheese and pour 1/2 cup milk over the top.
7.    Bake for 35-45 minutes uncovered.

(Recipe and photo taken from The Small Things Blog)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Someone made some homemade mac'n'cheese for a work Christmas party last week, and I have been craving it ever since. It's like you knew I would need this recipe.