Saturday, December 15, 2012

You Can't Beat the Wreath

I always say, if you can’t find a fabulous holiday wreath then make one! The past couple Christmas season I’ve been searching high and low for a great wreath. I could never find one I loved, or when I did find one I liked it was way overpriced. Last Christmas I decided it was time to take things into my own hands. I bought a plain wreath at an after Christmas sale last season. It was pre-lit and I picked it up for about $15. A steal! On Black Friday I went to Michaels and spent about $5 on large box of ornaments and some ribbon. Then, it was time for me and my trusty hot glue gun to get to work! I started by placing on the larger ornaments on the wreath and then filled in the spaces with the smaller ornaments and “twirls.” I then made a large bow out of candy cane ribbon and my wreath was complete. I love it! I spent about $20 instead of purchasing one for $50, which makes me love it even more! It’s joyful and triumphant!

3 comments:

lynnissa said...

love it! i love a good deal too.

Kate said...

Every since you posted your Halloween wreath, I've been thinking I should make one for every holiday. Since I missed Christmas, MLK Day it is! Joke. J-O-K. Valentine's Day it is!

Kristan said...

I LOVE this! So great Paige!