Several months ago one of my doctors at Mayo Clinic asked if
had a pet. When I told her no, she suggested I should consider getting an animal for a
little pet therapy. I did some research and learned that pets are a calming
influence. They can lower your blood pressure and elevate your mood. One
doctor said, when you pet an animal “you experience a surge of healing hormones (oxytocin) and chemicals that produce feelings of peace and serenity.” Serenity now! I’m pretty
desperate to find a cure for my constant headaches/migraines, so I started
considering getting a pet. I’m definitely not a cat person, so that was out.
Fish and turtles don’t make good cuddle friends. I considered a dog, but it
seemed like a lot of work. Then I imagined cuddling up with a cute, fluffy,
adorable bunny. Bingo! The search for the perfect bunny began.
I did some research and found that Holland Lops are small
and make really great pets. Next, I found this great breeder, The Bunny GardenRabbitry, in Prescott, AZ. Luckily the Bunny Garden was expecting some new bunnies. I visited Gigi when she was only two weeks old, and
as soon as I held her I knew she was the one--and I knew her name had to be Gigi! I've had her for a week now and
she has stolen my heart. She is sweet, playful, smart, and a little sassy.
She loves to explore, cuddle, and jump. She will sit with me for hours and
just rest, sleep, and help me relax. She is perfect! She definitely help calms
me down and helps me not worry about all the things I my to-do list. Work and
laundry don’t seem as important when I know that Gigi needs some cuddle time.
Here are a few pictures of my new best gal pal. Meet Gigi!
I bought her a pink cat bunny bed for when she is hanging out in the living room.
She likes to hide in the corner of the bed and stretch out.
When you place her on her back she becomes completely still. It's a bunny trance!
Look at that face!!
Welcome home Gigi!
8 comments:
oh my goodness! she is the cutest and most adorable thing! don't tell my children that rabbits can be inside pets because they would be begging for one! after your post i just might agree with them too, but i can't handle that! ;)
Oh how I love you. Can't wait to meet Gigi!
I hope she doesn't sully any furniture. Oh, man... the thought of a bunny inside is stressing me out so much that I might need pet therapy myself. :) But even I can admit she's a cute bunny, Paigepants! Good work.
Welcome sweet little Gigi! she is all things cute and precious wrapped up in a fluffy little ball. I love her already!!!
I'm just glad you didn't get a dog! Bunnies are definitely cuter!
I liked hearing the story-- and she is so darling. How's the potty pickup going? I wish we could some see her. If only our guinea pig got so much attention!
Paige! I love all the cute pictures! She is so so adorable! I can't wait to see her, so glad you love her.
We love Gigi! She is a great addition to the family =) Lucy thought it was histerical in the last picture where she is sprawled out on the floor, so cute!
Post a Comment