
Okay…I know what your thinking, “A book about cadavers?” I know it sounds crazy, but I am officially obsessed…with the book that is…not cadavers. I mentioned to a friend that I was reading this book, to which he replied, “So what, you were just walking through Barnes and Noble in the ‘cadaver section’ and you just happen to pick this up?” Okay, so there isn’t a cadaver section at Barnes and Noble, but there should be! This book gets two thumbs up…way up! It was interesting, informative, funny, and fascinating. Roach is an incredible author, and I couldn’t put the book down. A big thanks to my dear friend Angela for the great recommendation. Here’s a little excerpt from Stiff to spark your interest:
The way I see it, being dead is not terribly far off from being on a cruise ship. Most of your time is spent lying on your back. The brain has shut down. The flesh begins to soften. Nothing much new happens, and nothing is expected of you (p. 9).
So this book did three things for me, (1) taught me tons and tons of interesting facts about cadavers, (2) reconfirmed my choice to be an organ donor, (3) and reminded me that I need to go on a cruise before I die. Read it…you will love it!
7 comments:
I'm so glad you loved it as much as me! It is seriously the best book ever!
Thanks for the shout out btw-it made me feel a bit special...:) Long live cadavers! hahahaha!
My little sister had to read this for her summer reading. How studious of you.
Great quote.
I used to love her humor in the Readers Digest, and I remember something about bodies. I'll have to read the full book!
sounds awsome to me! i always loved the forensics people on csi. i'll have to borrow it sometime! who knew they would write a funny book on CADAVERS. i would have never guessed.
Ok, I'm really interested now, I have to read this book!
Post a Comment