What do you do when it’s 118 degrees during the day and 110 degrees at night? You go ice staking!! Can I just say that I love ice skating? Maybe it’s the jumps, or perhaps the sparkly, glistening costumes, but whatever it is, I love it.
I have been begging Sean to take me ice skating for ages. Being the great husband he is, Saturday night he surprised me with a trip to the Alltel Ice Den in Scottsdale. For those of you who don’t know, the Alltel Ice Den is the “Home of the First Throw Quadruple Salchow.” That’s right, I said QUADRUPLE! Okay…so Tiffany Vise and Derek Trent actually performed the jump at a competition in Paris, but they train at that the Alltel Ice Den, so same thing. There are large posters in the rink, reminding you that you are skating on a piece of history…salchow history that is.
We had a great time on the rink. Here I am lacing up my skates. I forgot my sparkly costume at home that night…
I have been begging Sean to take me ice skating for ages. Being the great husband he is, Saturday night he surprised me with a trip to the Alltel Ice Den in Scottsdale. For those of you who don’t know, the Alltel Ice Den is the “Home of the First Throw Quadruple Salchow.” That’s right, I said QUADRUPLE! Okay…so Tiffany Vise and Derek Trent actually performed the jump at a competition in Paris, but they train at that the Alltel Ice Den, so same thing. There are large posters in the rink, reminding you that you are skating on a piece of history…salchow history that is.
We had a great time on the rink. Here I am lacing up my skates. I forgot my sparkly costume at home that night…
Thanks to Sean for a great date and for rekindling my Olympic dreams. Vancouver 2010 or bust!
3 comments:
Hi Paige! I found you through Alyn's blog. SO good that one of my cousins married your brother....you two are so super cute. It's great to "see" you again even if it is just in cyber space.
Sorry...that last one was from Brooke. I forgot to tell you who I was!
Some day I hope you can quit your day job and really focus on your ice skating talent. It's a shame the world hasn't had the privilege of seeing your abilities like some of us have.
Post a Comment