As I mentioned, we Phoenicians love rain, but last night we got more than we bargained for--we had the CRAZIEST storm I have ever seen. All of the sudden, completely out of no where, a hurricane roles into Phoenix! I’m not joking. It was raining cats and dogs, the wind was blowing out of control, and the windows were shaking. It literally felt like we were in a hurricane. I learned this morning that we had winds that reached 100 miles per hour. We also got 1 inch of rain in 15 minutes. Okay, we only get like 2 inches of rain a year—we just got half of that in 15 minutes! Crazy! We ended up with almost 6 inches in just a few hours.
This morning on my way to work about half of the trees on my route had been either snapped in half or completely toppled over. For a city that only has 10 trees, that’s a big deal. It is quite the site around here. Anyway, we made it out alive, but here a few pictures of the storm and its aftermath.





7 comments:
Paige! I'm so excited to have found your blog...Angela told me you had one, and I found it through her blog... Anyway, I'm loving all your posts. You are too funny! I've been planning on starting a blog of my own, but after reading your blog and angela's, I'm feeling a bit intimidated.
Anyway, yeah, crazy storm last night. I drove into Phoenix today...looks like the storm hit more downtown then it did out here in Mesa. Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Oh. my. word. That is absolutely nuts! I feel sad about those trees! you can't really afford to lose any out there. We are really out of the loop when it comes to news from the west, so I'm glad you keep us up to date!
Whoh! Way to report breaking news Weather Girl. Rain is magical in the desert!
Phoenix is angry because I am gone... Dang it, I love a good storm! I heard that windows were blown out in downtown Phoenix-that is absolutely insane! I'm sad I missed it:(
Paige-it's so good to hear from you!! I'm glad you're okay after the big "hurricane". Hope everything is going good for you!
I loved that time of year when I lived in the valley too...sad for people who have trees on their house, but awesome for everyone safe in their houses...what a cool storm to see.
Holy cow, I wouldn't have believed it unless you put the pics up. I'm glad that your not dead. Hurray!!
Post a Comment