Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weather Girl

So I have this weird thing about the weather. I always like to know what the weather is. I like to know what it currently is, what it will be tomorrow, and what experts are not so expertly predicting it will be in 10 days. I don’t know what it is, but I’m just fascinated by it. It is possible it is an ego thing. You see, when my husband walks in and says, “It’s really hot today,” I like to be able to respond with, “It sure is! It got up to 113 degrees today!” Or when a co-worker says, “I think I’m going to wash my car this weekend,” I can save them time and money by saying, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. The 10 day forecast is predicting a 60% chance of rain on Thursday.”

Lately I’ve been working on my internal weather detecting gauge. I try to guess what the current temperature is and then I go to weather.com and see how accurate I am. I think if I was a super hero I would be Temperature Woman—the amazing woman who can accurately detect the current temperature within two tenths of a degree. Just imagine the costume I could have!

The unfortunate thing is that my current place of residence is inhibiting my superpower. For example, today I went to the pool. I was reading a great book and soaking up the sun; however, it was so HOT I thought I was going to die! My internal temperature gauge was telling me that the current temperature was equivalent to the surface of the sun. I was guessing that it was 11,000 ◦F. Okay, so in actuality it was only 103 today, but I was close. I guess I’ll have to keep working on that power. In the meantime, just keep me posted if you are thinking about washing your car.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are too funny "Temperature Woman"! I was blog hopping, and found you. Good luck in the heat down there, I don't envy you a bit! Send me an email...and I can send you an invite for my blog tswestover@yahoo.com

Angela said...

Hey hilarious! My internal weather gauge is also inhibited here, at night it gets so cold to me that I think it is -50, but really its just in the 40s. Still brrrr...

randi said...

ok this is so busted. i commented on this the other day, but alas it is not here. i was just saying that "Temperature Woman" could fit right in with the Incredibles! maybe you could be in the sequel? i think it would be perfect!