Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Smorgasbord, Orgasbord, Orgasbord

I think Templeton said it best when he sang, “A fair is a veritable smorgasbord, orgasbord, orgasbord.” It really is a place where one can glut, glut, glut, glut!!!


A few weeks ago we made our annual pilgrimage to the Arizona State Fair. I have gone to the State Fair faithfully, every year since I have moved to Phoenix, and it is something I always look forward to. Not only is it a chance to eat all of the yummy fried foods you can fit in your tummy, but it’s also a chance to see the always exciting, demolition derby.

Now the demo derby may not be the first thing you think of when you think of me, but I confess—I love it! The crashing, smashing, and the roar of the crowd. It's seriously a blast. Vanessa and Curtis joined us for the spectacular event. Here are some highlights from our trip to the 2008 AZ State Fair.

5 comments:

Angela said...

I'm not reading your blog anymore. It makes me officially depressed...Did you know that Weezer played at the AZ fair this year, oh the irony!

Leah said...

So fun Paige! Love the slide show. Wish I could have been there, I'm a fan of the demolition derby also! And that's one of my goals in life, to try a fried Twinkie.

ALYN said...

Madi's home with a fever, and we both jumped a foot when that loud Templeton music startled us! Funny stuff. You just seem too classy to enjoy the demolition derby....

randi said...

love the tempelton song. it really is a classic. they tried to re-do charlotts web without it and it was a bust! it is a hard one to get out of your head though once it starts playing. one day i hope to reinacte that scene and get me one of those fried twinkies and roll and slosh around the fair grounds...hmmmm, maybe next year.

Jessica said...

Great song! I'm a fan of the cartoon vs the real one, too. So fun! I've actually only been a few times although I lived in Mesa for about 6 years! There was usually something something that prevented us from going, but we always had a blast when we went! I never have seen the demo derby, but I think it would be fun!