Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Sweater Spectacular

Nothing says Christmas like an ugly sweater. Last weekend we attended Ashley and Kyle’s “Semiannual Ugly Sweater/Turtleneck Party.” The party was fantastic! It was a night filled with yummy food, great friends, crazy sweaters, and the always entertaining, white elephant gift exchange.

Here are our friends Vanessa and Curtis with their treasures from the gift exchange; a beautiful plaster cast Native American statue and a homemade photo album covered in satin, lace, and fake flowers (Note: the photo album was an actual gift we received for our wedding—no joke!)



Let’s get to the main event. After the parade of sweaters, we took a vote to see who would take home the crown of “The Ugliest Sweater.”

In third place, we have Kyle’s “Toncho” - a turtleneck, poncho combo.


In second place we have Sean’s “12 Days of Christmas,” complete with bells and a pear zipper. (Don’t tell the winner, but I still think Sean was robbed. He deserved to take first place!)

And the winner is….

Curtis in “Can't Beat The Wreath.” Congratulations Curtis!

Of course no contest is complete without a prize. The winner got to take home this lovely illuminated Mary statue. A perfect addition to any Christmas display. Hmmm...on second thought…I think I’m glad Sean didn’t win.


Thank you Ashley and Kyle for a fantastic party. We'll see you next year!

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

janae said...

Those sweaters are amazing! Where on earth did you guys get such gems?? Wow. I'm super impressed. :) Merry Christmas!

randi said...

nice guys! sean, was that lovely sweater a precursor to the girlie "socks"? just kidding. you guys look great, what a fun night-I'll have to try it next year!

Red said...

When I made you that photo album, I really thought you were going to like it, Paige... Was it the abundance of lace that tipped it over the edge?

Angela said...

Is Sean wearing a woman's sweater? Hilarious!

Stephanie said...

So cute! I love the sweaters! And that album, how could you get rid of that??