After appetizers and mingling, we sat down for dinner and entertainment. This is where things got strange…and hilarious. The entertainment was supposed to be Hollywood themed, right, but the best they could do was three impersonators and a magician who was obsessed with yellow canaries. The first act was a Dolly Parton impersonator. Last time I checked, Dolly was not an Oscar winner, and Nine to Five is NOT considered an achievement in film. However, Dolly was much better than the Bette Midler impersonator whose adam’s apple had our undivided attention during “her” rendition of Wind Beneath My Wings. Had we not been stuffing our faces with filet minion and lobster, I probably would have been laughing out loud during the finale, wait for it…Dolly Parton, Bette Middler, and The Temptations all together singing a I’m Proud to be an American. It was the strangest musical number I have ever seen. I’d like to know the party planner who thought that would be a super idea. It was bizarre, but totally gave us a laugh.
All in all, it was a great evening. We enjoyed dessert, dancing, casino games, and lots of funny work stories. Here are a few pictures from the evening and a few of my favorite coworkers. Happy Holidays!
This is my sweet friend Ashley and her husband, Craig. Ashley and I sit next to eachother at work and I don't know how I would get through the day without her!!
Here's our "Pod," Aaron, Ashley, and myself. The three of us sit in an area together and we spend the entire day laughing , making jokes, and teasing each other. We have a blast! Aaron is the only boy of the group, so Ashley and I like to gang up on him and tease him whenever possible. Thanks Aaron!
And here we have Ashley M., Aaron, and Tim. God bless funny coworkers.
5 comments:
Looks like fun Paige, wish I could have seen that finale!
PAIGE! yay for blogging! you look fantastic!!! wait, you haven't always worked for the apollo group, have you?! and you can def be auntie paige to my little kid anytime! lol! and a dolly parton number...i dunno about that...
Sounds fabulous! Next time you find yourself in a "Proud to be an American" YouTube moment please, for our sake, use the video feature on your camera! I wish I had some coworkers to tease, all I have is loud flute playing to mock and I have to do that in my head.
"It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it."
"I'm Proud to be an American" is perfect for a Christmas party....
Post a Comment