Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm a Survivor

I woke up this morning and I could feel the excitement in the air. It was the kind of excitement you feel when you are about to see a dear friend that you haven’t seen in a while. Jeff Probst, oh how I’ve missed you. That’s right, today is the premiere of the Survivor Tocantins – The Brazilian Highlands. The 18th season of the best reality show on earth.

Confession: I have seen every episode of Survivor that has ever aired.

Some of you might be thinking that that’s an embarrassing fact about me and perhaps it is, but I like to think of it as more of an accomplishment. I mean, how many people can say that? I am a true fan. I have been a Survivor fan since it’s beginning in the summer of 2000. I mean I watched Survivor before it was cool to watch reality t.v.

Every season, I always think to myself, “Gosh, I wish I could be on the show!” After watching 17 seasons of outwitting, outplaying, and outlasting, I think I would do a pretty damn good job out there.

So, in case Jeff Probst just happens to stumble upon my blog, I’d like to say a few words. Ahem…

Dear Jeff Probst,

I am your biggest fan. I heart Survivor. Please pick me to be on your next show. I know I don’t even like camping, and I know I get really irritable (and sometimes angry) when I’m hungry, but I promise I will be a FABULOUS contestant!

I’ve been with you and the show through good times and in bad and I will never abandon you. If you would like to invite me to be a contestant, you know where I will be every Thursday night at 7p.m. I hope to see you soon.

Yours truly,
Paige “Survivor” Lunny

8 comments:

Red said...

LOL. "I think I would do a pretty damn good job out there." Yes, I can see it now....

Show host: Run up that mountain in 5 minutes or less.
Paige: Why? Are they going to give us pedicures when we get there?

:) I promise to watch every episode next season if you make it on...

Kate said...

I now know of 2 major accomplishments in your life:

1) You have watched every episode of survivor.
2) You made it out of Provo without ever hiking "The Y."

Well done and congratulations!!!!

Tiss.

Kristan said...

Ah the Survivor night memories . . . at least you don't have to worry about setting the VCR anymore!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Hooray, Survivor! Who's your fave so far? I really, really want Sandy to go home.

Amy =)

ALYN said...

I just can't watch it anymore. I'm sick of reality TV!

But I have seen every episode of Star Trek the Next Generation & LOST. And I'm probably pretty close on I Love Lucy, Gilligan's Island, & a number of PBS cartoons that I won't specify here...

Angela said...

Hilarious hilarious hilarious!!! I love it, thanks for introducing me to Survivor, a gift most precious above all!

Leah said...

I love that show! I'm impressed though that you have watched all seasons. That's true love right there.