Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Can't Live Without You

Last week’s Sunday School lesson was about being prepared. It was 2 o’clock in the afternoon, and as we were discussing the importance of food and water storage in case of emergency, my mind began to wander. Hmmm…I thought to myself, what is one food that I could not live without in my food storage?

And then it hit me… Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. Not wheat, not rice, but cookies. Think about it, a year without Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies?!? Now that would certainly be dreadful. It made me rethink my whole plan. I mean, I already bought three boxes of Thin Mint cookies last week—to get me through the month of March—but I need to think big picture here. Am I allowed to purchase 100 boxes of Thin Mints? I don’t know, but I am definitely going to find out!

What food would you not be able to live without?

7 comments:

randi said...

mmmmmmm! i love me some thin mint cookies. you'll have to let me know if they let you purchase those in bulk, i'll have to get in on that! i bought a box a week or two ago and i think i only let my kids have 3-4 each. those things are like gold! yum!

Angela said...

Hmmm...I think it would be wheat and rice because I am very righteous. Hah! Of course it is Grimaldi's pizza, or Costa Vida salads.

Leah said...

I love love love those little girl scouts for making those yummy cookies. I ate a whole box in one evening the other week. Those boxes are just too small ya know?

Kate said...

I could never live without peanut butter. And chocolate. And since everyone else is confessing, you should probably know that I've already eaten 2 boxes of Thin Mints . . .

LuAnne said...

I agree with you. Year supply would not be complete without the thin mints. We always buy a ton!

becks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becks said...

OK, there's something about thin mints, maybe it's the fact that they're so light and minty, that makes it possible for me to eat an entire box without feeling like I ate an entire box. So insane. I think I would definitely need to make a seriously huge batch of rice krispy treats for my food storage. I mean, they're made of rice! And I wonder if there's a way to store soft serve cones from McDonald's.