Hi. My name is Paige, and I am short. 5 feet 1 inches to be exact. I stopped growing in 6th grade. Being short sometimes has its advantages, but it can also be a challenge. The other day I was scanning through the radio dial and I heard that one song that goes “I wish I was a little bit taller…I wish I was a baller.” It got me thinking. I do not aspire to be a baller; however, I have decided that I wouldn’t mind growing an inch or two. Here is a list of the top five things that would be better about my life if I was a little bit taller:5. I wouldn't have to stare at people's backs at shows, concerts, movies, etc.
4. I wouldn’t have to hem all of my pants.
3. I would be able to reach the pedals in my car and I wouldn’t have to sit two inches from the steering wheel and constantly live in fear about being crushed to smithereens by the air bag.
2. I wouldn’t have to use a step stool to reach the cupboards in my house.
1. I could finally audition for America’s Next Top Model.
7 comments:
haha . . . love it. While I'm 5'5" (okay fine, 5'4") I've finally come to grips with the fact that:
I'm always going to have to hem my pants.
Everyone is always going to make fun of me for having a step stool to get up on my bed.
I need a spatula or some sort of stick to reach things on the top shelves.
I hear you. And I think you should be the first "petite" model on ANTM.
haha! I echo your post exactly. I always say I wouldn't be so fat if I was a few inces taller, you know it would kinda stretch everything out and It would be like i lost 15 pounds!
Paige - you know I think you are wonderful, and funny, and fabulous, right? Good. Because I'm answering this post in my blog. I hope it doesn't come across wrong. I don't mean it to! But I couldn't help but build off what you started. You are such a creative writer and you inspire me! :)
5'2.75" baby. You look great Paige!
I always want to make a stack of hymnbooks at church so my feet are supported!
Our stepstool is living on the countertops, to keep them safe from Charlie!
I agree with Kristan, they have plus sized models on ANTM, why can't they have petite sized models too. p.s. I hate being short too, purely for the hemmed pants problem.
I'm mostly concerned about Item #2 right now, as one of my friends actually fell off a chair (which she was using as a stool) while rummaging through her kitchen cupboard for a marker on Monday. She broke her elbow in the process... Be careful out there, Paige!
oh paige, you'd be average height in asia - yay! hahaha! at least people like you and me can fit in "economy" seating without feeling super cramped if we were NBA tall! :-) seriously though, i've been watching "make me a supermodel" on bravo and now i wish i was taller so i can pretend to have a chance at being a runway model!!! i'm corny...hahaha
i enjoyed this post very much :)
Post a Comment