Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chocolate + Mint = Match Made In Heaven


I’ve always thought that chocolate and mint make a perfect pair. They probably saw each other across the room one day and couldn’t keep their eyes off of each other. They've been attracted to each other ever since! I guess it’s kind of like Newton’s theory of universal gravitation…sometimes two objects are just attracted to one another. They just can’t help it.

So naturally when I found a fun new recipe for mint chocolate chip cookies on this blog called Baked Perfection, I had to try it. And now that I’ve tried it and LOVED it, I just had to share it. It really is a match made in heaven.

Polka Dot Cookies
recipe from Guittard

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups Guittard Green Mint Chips (can also be substituted with Andes mints)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In the microwave, heat semisweet chips and butter in a small bowl on medium power (50%) for 2-3 minutes, stirring well after each minute until smooth. Set aside to cool.

In small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until light. Blend in melted chocolate then dry ingredients. Stir in green mint chips and chill for 10-15 minutes or until stiff. Drop by well-rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes; cookies will be soft in the centers but will firm up as they cool. Yields approximately 4 dozen cookies.

P.S. You can find Guittard Green Mint Chips at Cost Plus World Market.

7 comments:

ALYN said...

Are you trying to sabotage my diet? I LOVE these type of cookies. I've had them with the andes mint chips before. YUMMY! Now I'm going to dream of them...

Red said...

I love Newton and his laws!

Leah said...

Paige! They look so so good! I can't wait to try them. Nice recipe find.

Tim said...

I'm not quite sure what to make of this... Your last post talks about it being the hottest July ever in AZ and now you tell us that you're turning the oven up to 350???

Kate said...

You can mail some of those to me if you want.

Angela said...

Mmmmm...must make these....

randi said...

oooooo! i can't wait to try these. i am definately a lover of the chocolate and mint combo. they look so pretty too. thanks for sharing!