
It's official: July was the hottest month EVER in Phoenix. Well, maybe not ever, but it was the hottest month since weather record-keeping started in 1880, so that's pretty much ever. The AVERAGE high for the month of July was 109.5 degree. That’s the average, people! Holy wah!
Every year about this time I ask myself the following question:
Why do you live on the surface of the sun?
It’s so hot. And I forget every year. It must be kind of like child birth—after it's over, you forget how bad it actually is. During the winters I find myself frolicking in and bragging about the perfect weather and I always say things like, “The summers aren’t so bad.” or “I don’t mind the heat.” Well, it IS that bad and I DO mind the heat. I’m melting down here!
To make matters worse, the news stations have been a bit insensitive. A few weeks ago I was watching the news and they were showing the seven day forecast. The week had triple digit temperatures and red flames all across the screen. Really? There were no smiling sun icons or happy little rain clouds in our future. Nope, instead the news team selected flames to illustrate the forecast. Thanks a lot channel 12. Why don’t you just write “Hotter Than Hell” in big bold red letters across the screen and rub it in just a little bit more?
So, if anyone would like to kidnap me from this desert and whisk me away to a cooler climate, be my guest. And if anyone has any happy (or angry) little rain clouds, please send them my way.
3 comments:
Just hold on to the memory of winter and you will make it through wee Paige! I have totally forgotten how insanely hot Phoenix is-the worst is when you feel like your skin is being burned off your body. However, at least you never have to a) fear for your life while driving in snow, b) scrape your snow/ice encrusted windshield with frostbitten finger nubs c) feel like the icy wind is penetrating your very soul and d) talk yourself out of suicide every morning when you have to get out of your warm snuggly bed. I'll take burning hell flames over that any day...
Angela is always right. Always.
I think I'll take burning in hell over winter suicide. It's a toss up though. It is soooooooo hot outside today!
Post a Comment