Monday, October 26, 2009

All That Glitters

In college I once said, “Not all that glitters is gold…sometimes its platinum.” I’d like to add that, “Not all that glitters is gold…sometimes its fabulous!” Last weekend was Glitter Fest 2009 with my girls Vanessa and Ashley. We channeled Martha Stewart and made these to-die-for glitter pumpkins. They make the perfect centerpiece for the fall season.


Not only are these pumpkins adorable, but they are also fun and easy to make. All you need is white glue, Martha’s glitter, and a pumpkin and you are in business. Martha suggests using real pumpkins, but we picked up some decorative pumpkins at Michael’s instead. This way they will last for Thanksgiving too!


We are now all officially obsessed with this Martha Stewart glitter. As we were glittering away we kept looking around the house trying to find something else to glitter. Candles? Trash cans? Vanessa’s baby? We refrained from glittering everything in the house; however, we are already planning our attack for Christmas. Go glitter!

7 comments:

lynnissa said...

So cute! I'm totally 'borrowing' this idea sometime! Easter eggs, etc!

Kristan said...

Fabulous. Because really, all that glitters is fabulous. Gold. Platinum. Pumpkins. :)

randi said...

so pretty. martha really does have amazing glitter! i need to stock up and make some cute stuff like yours. love it.

becks said...

I almost made those just last week! I think you've convinced me to do it for sure now . . . Thanks :)

Kate said...

1) I could swear that the direct quote is really: "Not all that glitters is gold . . . sometimes it's platinum." Maybe my memory is failing me in my old age.

2) Those pumpkins are adorable!

3) Your cousin just moved into my ward . . . small world!

4) I love your guts.

Ashley and Kyle said...

I love our pumpkins! They are so cute and are my favorite Halloween decoration. Maybe I will attach them to myself for the ward party. A glittery kitten....hmmm. Anyways I hope you are feeling better!

Leah said...

So cute Paige, I love them. Glad to be looking at your blog again!