Thursday, December 3, 2009

The...The...The Grinch!

My favorite Christmas movie is How the Grinch Stole Christmas…the one with Jim Carrey. The original cartoon is also fabulous, but the one with Jim Carrey takes the cake. It’s hilarious! It’s actually on my list of top ten favorite movies ever! I can’t get enough of it. I watch it at least once each year around the holidays, sometimes more.

There’s this funny scene where the Grinch sneaks into the Post Office. He switches everyone’s mail around and hands out jury duty notices, chain letters, etc. It goes a little something like this…



Well, I went to get the mail yesterday and my mailbox has been Grinched! I got summoned for jury duty…AGAIN. Not only did I just get summoned two years ago, but I actually had to serve on a case that lasted a whole week! Sean has never been summoned, and now I get my second summons in just over two years?!? Not fair. Geez Mr. Grinch, I thought your heart grew three sizes that day? If I give you a slice of roast beast will you get me out jury duty?

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Maybe you should just quit your job and do jury duty full-time. It's a paying gig, right?

Sam Ricks said...

Blast! But maybe your heart will grow three sizes by jury-dutying. :)

Kristan said...

Oh I love the Grinch. I'm going to have to watch that one soon :) But as for jury duty, sorry love. Maybe you should take pleasure in the fact that statistically speaking your are special!

Red said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!

Angela said...

I've been summoned to jury duty many times, but I never show up. I'm waiting for the government to knock on my door and arrest me. In my defense, Ms. Jury Member, I was summoned in states that I had recently moved from so I didn't live there anymore. P.S. I am going to watch The Grinch right now. I HEART both versions!

Ashley and Kyle said...

I just got summoned also, and it was for Christmas Eve...like anybody is going to do that! I know how you are feeling...just postpone.

Leah said...

Funny funny Paige! I love that movie, I need to watch it. So sad about jury duty, can I have some roast beast?