Hi. My name is Paige and I’m addicted to The Bachelor. I watched the Bachelor religiously in college. I’d get together with a group of girls and we had hours and hours of fun swooning over cute bachelors and making fun of crazy contestants. The Bachelor franchise and I had a good thing going…until Bachelorette, Jen Schefft, ruined it for me. She decided that she didn’t feel like getting engaged or dating any of the bachelors! How dare you? That’s the whole point…fall in love in less than five minutes, get engaged to a person you hardly know, and then break-up a few months later. That’s what you are supposed to do. Well, needless to say, after Jen’s season, I vowed to never watch The Bachelor again.
Two years ago I was flipping though the channels and the premiere of a new season of The Bachelor just happened to be on. As you might guess, I fell off the wagon. I just couldn’t resist. I watched one episode and I was hooked. I’ve been watching it regularly, again, ever since. I love the drama, I love the crazy people, and I love the hilarity that ensues when 25 individuals go nuts for someone they just met. I can’t get enough of it!!!
This week I learned that I am not alone in my addiction. Even Jimmy Kimmel watches the show. I share Jimmy’s sentiment about tonight’s finale. Rumor has it that (spoiler alert!) Jake picks cross-eyed Vienna. Here’s what Jimmy had to say about pilot Jake possibly giving Vienna the final rose:
"If he thinks that's a good decision, I don't want him flying my plane. That's not Sully Sullenberger-type decision making."
I couldn’t agree more Jimmy. If Jake does pick Vienna he’s on the wings of insanity…not love. Regardless of Jake’s pick, I know I’ll still be tuning in next season. I'm just not ready to kick the habit. So I say to The Bachelor TV show, “Will you accept this rose?”
4 comments:
I have had a similar addiction to the show. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but it's true. I can't wait to see tonight's finale, but I too will be so disappointed when he chooses Vienna!
Haha, that is the funniest thing ever. I am glad we are both addicted even if this show is filled with cheating supermodels, cheesy lines, and VIENNA... aaah. I hope he chooses Tenley.
OMG!!!! I just finished watching the finale and all I can say is shock and awe!! As much as I was shocked by Jake's choice, I was more shocked by the cheesy song they played during their love moment. I almost choked on the vomit in my mouth...
So on the radio this morning, I heard that Jake actually has a girlfriend already and that the entire show is a hoax! Can this be true???
P.S. I have so many hilarios memories of watching The Bachelor at the white house:) Long live Andrew Firestone!
Post a Comment