Monday, July 11, 2011

I heart the Caribbean.

It’s been a crazy year, so Sean and I agreed that we were in need of a serious vacation this summer. Luckily, our friends, Kyle and Ashley, felt the same way, so we all set off for a seven day Caribbean cruise. We had an amazing time! It was so nice to be detached from phones, emails, work, and just spend an entire week relaxing. It was our first cruise and our first time in the Caribbean. The beaches were incredible. I now officially heart the Caribbean.

Our first stop was Costa Maya. Great food, gorgeous beaches, and a cool Caribbean breeze—what more could a girl ask for?

IMG_3484 (1)
IMG_0880
Our next port was the beautiful island of Roatan. This small island just off the coast of Honduras is covered in green! We couldn’t resist taking a zipline tour of the rain forest. It was so much fun! I am now slightly addicted to the zipline—especially hanging upside down. What a rush!

Roatan Zipline
Roatan Zipline

After the zipline we relaxed at the amazing West Bay Beach.

IMG_0883
Roatan - West Bay Beach

Our next port was Belize. This was definitely one of my favorite stops. We went snorkeling on the amazing barrier reef just off the coast, and then settled in for some relaxation on this incredible island with white sand beaches and turquoise water. I didn’t want to leave this picturesque setting. The whole day was, yes, you guessed it, “unbelizeable.”

IMG_0893
IMG_0894
IMG_0892

IMG_0896
Our final destination was Cozumel, Mexico. It was the perfect end to our amazing week. We spent the day relaxing on the beach and the boys went for a scuba dive. We also had the most amazing tacos I’ve ever tasted. I was this close to missing the boat so I could just stay on this beach forever.

IMG_0911
IMG_0914IMG_0923
IMG_0920
IMG_0924

Caribbean, how did you get to be so wonderful? You have certainly won my heart. Thanks for the best week ever! (To view more photos click here)

6 comments:

Kristan said...

So glad you had such a fabulous time!!! I'll go back with you any time you want :)

Leah said...

Paige I love the pictures. I'm so glad you had such a great time. Hearing you talk about it makes me want to go there. Beautiful! And I definitely want to try the zipline!.

Red said...

Looks like a blast... I'm happy you could go! The photos made me wish I was back in Aruba reading a good book on the beach!

randi said...

so wonderful! i'm hoping to have a caribbean blog post myself sometime soon! =)

ALYN said...

Wow! I was only vaguely aware that you went on this trip. Would love to hear more details sometime. Great photos.

How are you doing this week?

Ashley and Kyle said...

Wow, I so miss those places! PS...we weren't "that" close to missing the boat, haha!! What a fun trip!