Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Daydream Believer

My heart is a little bit broken today. I just learned that Davy Jones of The Monkees passed away. Davy Jones (be still my heart) was my first official crush. I had--okay, maybe have—a major obsession with The Monkees. I used to watch reruns of their t.v. show every weekday afternoon. I couldn’t wait for The Monkees to come on! I would get out my tambourine (yes I owned a tambourine—that’s how obsessed I was) and play/sing along with the show. I’d daydream about hanging out with The Monkees at their awesome Malibu Pad.

In fact, my first ever cassette tape was The Monkees Greatest Hits. I still remember when I got it. My parents had gone on a trip and brought back the cassette tape as a present to me. I was the happiest girl in the world! And just maybe, a few years ago I got a copy of that very same album on CD. I know what I’ll be listening to on my way home from work! You will be missed, Davy Jones. I’ll always be your daydream believer and homecoming queen.

4 comments:

Red said...

Sad day, indeed....

lynnissa said...

i can totally see you dancing & singing along. you're so cute!

Kate said...

Cheer Up, Sleepy Jean!

Angela said...

This is why we are kindred spirits! I also watched the monkees every afternoon and swooned over Davy!