Sunday, July 15, 2012

High Flying Flag

I know what you’re saying, “Another post about America?” Yes—I’m too excited about this one not to post it. I’ve sufficiently posted about my USA obsession, so you can imagine my joy at getting our very own flag in front of the house this year.


 I’ve always dreamed of having a flag in my front yard. I managed to whine long/loud enough this year and convinced my husband to install it just in time for the 4th of July! It’s not a tall flag pole in a circular drive that I originally dreamed of in college (maybe someday), but it’s quite wonderful. After we hung it up on the 4th I couldn’t stop looking out the window to sneak a peek at Old Glory proudly waving in the front yard. It makes me a very happy girl! Now if only I could convince someone that we should hang it all year and not just on holidays. I’m still working on that one. In the meantime, I'm counting down the days until the next holiday.

3 comments:

Leah said...

That's so great Paige! I love it and am so glad you got a flag. God bless America!

Angela said...

The scouts put up flags in our neighborhood and we bought one for our yard. I LOVE it! I also cannot stop looking out our window at it. It makes me feel so patriotic and neighborly. What do you think about putting it up for the olympics??? USA USA!

Kate said...

"Land of the free, home of the brave!"