Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Joys of Renovation

The only good thing about remodeling is being done with remodeling. For some reason it always looks so fun and easy on those home renovation shows, but then when you actually get started it’s not so glamorous. I think the only actual fun part is having before and after pictures so you can see where all of your blood, sweat, and tears went. Several months ago we remodeled our master bath, so I thought I’d post some before and after pictures to help me forget the pain of remodeling.

BEFORE

Here is the vanity area before we bought the house. Notice the two mismatching blue colors (sick!). Apparently one hideous blue color was just not enough for the previous owners.


AFTER

And here is our new and improved vanity! I love it! I opted for a grey/navy blue color scheme with a pop of yellow. Happy.


BEFORE

Here is the not-so-cute shower that existed when we moved in. Gross! Straight from the 80s. It had to go! 


AFTER 

Miniature subway tile--because everything is cuter when it's miniature. 


Of course none of this would have been possible without the help of my favorite contractor, my dad. He’s the best I know, and has the best pricing for his daughters—payment in the form of dinner at his favorite restaurant. Thanks, Dad! Now on to the next project.  

8 comments:

janae said...

Your dad is amazing!! It looks fantastic.

Angela said...

What's next? P.s. Remodeling=nightmare. I am still looking forward to the day I don't have to brush my teeth in the kitchen sink.

lynnissa said...

That is gorgeous! Your dad is awesome!

ALYN said...

Very classy. Love it! We totally should've stopped by to see it. I wish I could hire your contractor. I do phone consultations regularly though!

Kristan said...

You guys and your dad did that! SO IMPRESSSED. It looks fantastic! Love the mini subway tiles :)

Leah said...

Paige I love love love it! You have great taste and you did a super job.....with dad's help. Thanks for sharing it was so fun to see how it turned out.

Kayla said...

BEAUTIFUL! You feel free to post as many before and after pictures as it takes to help you forget the nightmare. Loved them!

Ashley and Kyle said...

It turned out so gorgeous! Now onto your own show on HGTV!!