Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hurricane

I kind of have a secret hatred for news reporters. I think they are fake, and I can’t stand their cheesy smiles and robotic speech. I don’t like them during regular news reports, but my hatred for them triples during hurricanes. Why must they stand out in the storm and get blown away by 89 mile per hour winds and rogue waves? I don’t need to see you swallow sand and have your hat fly off to know that it’s windy and a hurricane is coming. I hate they way they yell over the wind and try to tell us how dangerous the conditions are. If it’s so dangerous, then perhaps you should listen to the evacuation warnings and get the heck out of dodge. We don’t need to see Al Roker holding on to a light pole for dear life, and we don’t need to see Anderson Cooper standing in three feet of water. Next time, just be a good example to the residents and stay out of the storm. Perhaps I’ll start a petition. No more news reporting from hurricanes. Who’s with me?


1 comment:

Angela said...

This is funny and I agree. I've always wondered if in news school they have speech class to teach them the cadence of reporters.