Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Take one and call me in the morning

This past weekend my sister and her adorable girls, Eden, Grace, and Clarie spent the weekend at our house. We had a great time playing, reading stories, and swimming. I absolutely love my nieces to death, and they just say the funniest things.

We were in the kitchen fixing a snack with Grace and Eden. Eden accidentally bit her tongue and was understandably upset. To comfort her I told her that I would be the doctor and I would help fix her up. I gave her five jelly beans as medicine and told her to take those to make her feel better. Eden thought that wasn’t a bad deal, but Grace wasn’t falling for it. She confidently said, “You can’t be a doctor—only boys can be doctors.” It was hilarious! See, her dad just graduated from medical school last Friday, so I kind of understand her logic. But I smiled and told her the good news--girls actually can be doctors! In fact, I told her that girls can do everything! So to all of my smart, beautiful nieces don’t ever forget that you can be anything you want to be…even a doctor!

No comments: