In this dream I was driving around Phoenix for hours, searching for those elusive Girl Scout Cookie stands. I finally found one off in the distance—like a sugary oasis of goodness. I pull up to the cookie stand and promptly ordered 20 boxes of Thin Mint Cookies. The short, brown-haired Girl Scout takes my money and assists me with my giant order. As she is handing me box after box she says with a look of disgust,
“Why are you buying so many cookies?”
So I thought up a lie and I thought it up quick. I say in the most tender voice I can muster,
“Oh these aren’t for me, little girl. I am giving these cookies away as gifts.”
As I mentioned, this is a big fat lie. I didn’t plan to give away any of my cookies and in my head I’m yelling the words, “DON’T JUDGE ME!”
End of dream.
This weekend I plan to go on my annual Girl Scout Cookie pilgrimage. I’ll let you know if the girl tries to give me any flack.
If you live in AZ and want to find your own sugary oasis, check out this Cookie Locator

8 comments:
I've noticed the cookie sellers twice already. So far all I've purchased is thin mint ice cream. I could eat thin mints forever. I think they're dangerous!
P.S. Aren't they $4 per box now? I think you should buy 25 boxes and hand over the Ben Franklin. Can you deduct cookie purchases?
I am right there with you! A couple weeks ago, I went online to find Girl Scout cookies in our area. I received an email that someone would contact me. When the call didn't arrive, I asked all of my friends if they knew anyone selling the cookies. Alas- I found the friendly Girl Scouts had a table at the mall selling the coveted thin mints! I have 3 boxes but, we are going to have to get more. I agree with you that thin mints are an essential item for food storage. :)
Great post, Paige. Although for me it's all about the Samoas.
You're an Andes lover too, aren't you?
Unfortunately the cookie locator didn't work in my area...but I'm sure I'll find them at my local Wal-Mart Saturday morning! I'm with Sam on this one, we could buy the samoas by the case.
OMG I cannot stop laughing!!!! I love it! My favorite is your tender voice-your subconscious is a comedic genius.
I busted out laughing reading this! I actually almost got in a car accident coming home from campus yesterday when I saw a little Girl Scout cookie stand by JDawgs. Don't worry I stopped!
And um, I knew I had a problem when I had a dream about ice cream. It's so great to know that your subconcious agrees with you on your love :)
Ha! This made me laught out loud! Especially since I bought like 5 boxes from one of my students (even though all the other "normal" teachers bought 1). And I love that you actually dreamt about it. Good luck finding all the thin mints your little heart desires!
Post a Comment