We live near a mountain preserve, so consequently, we have lots of desert critters that come down and visit our yard/neighborhood. So far we’ve had visits from bunny rabbits, snakes, roadrunners, javelinas, and bobcats. The bobcat is by far the coolest and scariest! They are beautiful cats, but they can also jump over walls and climb like crazy. I’ve seen a few walking around our neighborhood, just hanging out, but I had no idea they could do this…
That is one tall cactus, and that is one brave bobcat! Apparently he was being chased by a mountain lion and climbed the cactus to get away. Pretty impressive! I didn’t take these shots, but I thought they were fantastic, so I had to share. You can read the news story and link to the slideshow here. That’s Bobcat: 1 Mountain Lion: 0


3 comments:
Did the firemen have to come get it down?
Crazy crazy! Super cool pictures.
I want Bob for a pet! No need to teach him any tricks!
Post a Comment