I am a dreamer. I mean literally—I always have vivid dreams. I also have several different recurring dreams. I had another “episode” of a particular recurring dream the other night, so I thought it was time for me to do some investigating. In this dream, I am back in high school as a cheerleader. It’s always one hour before game time and I don’t know which uniform to wear! Gasp! Okay, that might not sound like a big deal to most of you, but to a cheerleader, this is literally a nightmare! I mean, what outfit we wear is practically our biggest decision for the game. To show up and not match the squad would be humiliating. In my cheer squad we took turns deciding which uniform to wear for the game. Each uniform had a name like, “Bulldogs,” “Unity,” “Paws,” or something like that. In my dream I realize that I don’t know which uniform to wear, and I COMPLETELY panic. (Give me a P, give me an A, give me an N, give me an I, give me a C…what does it spell? PANIC!) I run around, frantically trying to find out which uniform to wear that night. Is it Unity? Is it Paws? I don’t know! I call my teammates and no one answers. What will I do? What if I wear the wrong uniform? Aaahhh!! And then I wake up.
So I decided to do some research, and here’s what I found. According to the “world wide web,” here are some possible interpretations/things my dream is telling me:
• “You like things to be in order, predictable, in alignment” (No surprise there—I mean, I color coordinate my closet for goodness sake)
• “You feel ‘uniform’-- the same, like a cookie cutter version of a human being” (You mean, I feel like a gingerbread woman?)
• The uniform is a “symbol of liking to put on a fake persona, a cloak to hide the inner truth of who one truly is” (That's weird, I always thought my true self was a cheerleader.)
• “The dream might be a metaphor to ‘cheer up’” (I know, I’ll do the perfect cheer!)
• “To dream that you are a cheerleader signifies your self-confidence and self-esteem. You need to be more active and more positive in some waking situation in your life.” (Should I do a few cheers at the office?)
• “It may point to a conflict, situation or matter in your waking life that remains unresolved or unsettled.” (Should I initiate a cheer squad reunion?)
Hmmm…not much help there. I don’t feel like a cookie cutter human, but perhaps I do need to be a bit more “cheery” in my life. I’ll give that a shot. If you have any other interpretations for me, I’d love to hear them. Oh, and if someone knows which uniform we’re wearing to the big game this weekend, please let me know ASAP!

4 comments:
Paige, this is good stuff! You should share your dreams more often :)
Oh my goodness!!! I have had that same dream & ones similar to it soo many times!! Like, I dream that I miss the game?! You should interpret that one for me. Love that picture you cute thang you! :)
I think all it means is that you are a funny, funny, funny Lunny.
Haha, you crack me up. Maybe it means you're a cheerleader at heart and always will be - always looking to be a team player! Go Paige!
Post a Comment