Monday, January 28, 2013

Green Smoothies and Donuts


I recently watched a documentary titled Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It was a great documentary, and very inspiring. If you haven’t watched it, I highly recommend it. It’s an interesting look at what we eat and what it does to our bodies and health. In the film, a woman with chronic migraines tried out a juice diet for a couple of weeks, and it really helped her migraines. I’m pretty much open to trying anything to stop my migraines, so I have decided to jump on the green smoothie bandwagon. I haven’t decided to give up all food and only drink juice just yet, but I have committed to drinking green smoothies and increasing my fruit and veggie intake. I am already a fruit and veggie lover, but I'm talking about drinking spinach for breakfast here. The only trouble is that I work in an office where green smoothies are unfortunately not the new breakfast of champions. If I drink a green smoothie for breakfast and then go to work and eat a donut that someone brought in to celebrate a birthday…do you think my green smoothie will find out? I know it’s cheating, but hey, baby steps people...baby steps. 


4 comments:

Kristan said...

I've heard about that documentary . . . good luck!!

Kate said...

Be honest with me. Are green smoothies really gross? I need to know whether or not to try one.

Leah said...

Are those green smoothies yummy? Hope it's going well........I love donuts........

Kayla said...

We watched the same documentary a while back. Super interesting! We also started juicing after that. Post if you find any "favorite" smoothie mixtures. I'm not brave enough to try a ton of different combinations.