I always get terrible allergies this time of year. And I mean TERRIBLE! I am dying here people. Every year, without fail, I want to die during August, September, and October because my allergies are so awful. I know what you are saying, in fact; I think we’ve had this conversation before, “Paige, you live in the desert. There are no trees or green things where you live. How could you have allergies?”
I know. It doesn’t seem possible, but let me share a few facts with you:
Fact: Phoenix, AZ is in the desert.
Fact: I’ve never had allergies until I moved to Phoenix, AZ.
Fact: My allergies are so bad right now I want to get hooked up to a Benadryl IV and sleep until November.
Conclusion: I am allergic to the desert.
Solution: Move somewhere that is the opposite of the desert.
I’ll pick here:
Are you with me?
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Allergies and Bora Bora
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm allergic to dust. Dust kills me. Maybe that's why in Maryland, I never had an allergy problem. In Utah, though, I'm dying. Like my eyes look bloodshot all the time and I sometimes wake up with a sore throat not from a cold but from stinkin' allergies!
Anyway, I hear ya. And I think your alternative to Arizona looks pretty nice.
Well, at least Sam and I are in good company! I'm allergic to dust, too. For years I couldn't figure out why I only got allergies mid-summer and mid-winter, rather that during spring and fall like everyone else. Finally I figured it out: the hvac system. Whenever the a/c or heater turns on, I die. Blah!
I HATE allergies! I have them everywhere I live. I even went to the ENT doctor last week because I want to be done with them. He told me you can get a steroid shot before allergy season and you will be fine. I'm going to try it next year, hopefully I won't grow a beard! August-October is bad enough already in AZ because it should be cooling off, but it doesn't. For you it is a double whammy, hell flames and allergies yikes! I think we should move to Bora Bora regardless of allergies-we could have neighboring huts, how fun is that? I'm checking into it...
so sad. being allergic to where you live is a bit more to deal with than say...being allergic to cats. as for bora bora, i saw a show about it years ago and ever since it has been my dream of all dreams. so if you guys move, we could have a reason to come and visit. i totally think you should go!
I am totally with you Paige!
I will abandon my current life and move there . . .
Post a Comment