Monday, May 23, 2011

Survivor vs. Bachelor

Last week I was watching the Survivor finale with some friends and we were talking about Survivor couples. There have been quite a few relationships that have formed out of the Survivor franchise, and one of my friends said, “It sounds like Survivor has a better track record than The Bachelor.” We all laughed, but then I thought, “Hmm…I think she’s right!”

So in honor of tonight’s premiere of The Bachelorette, I conducted a little research. And I was shocked to find the following results:

The Bachelor/Bachelorette


Score: 2 marriages, 1.5 couples that are still engaged (Brad & Emily are only hanging on by a thread!)

Survivor
                                     

Score: 3 marriages, 1 couple currently engaged, and 3 couples that have been dating for three years or more

Wow!! Apparently, you can find love on a reality show…just not on The Bachelor. But don’t worry Bachelor, even with that dismal track record, I’ll still watch you. In the meantime, I might email Jeff Probst and tell them to change the Survivor theme song to “On the Wings of Love.”

1 comment:

Kristan said...

Best. Post. Ever.

1. Love the observation and subsequent research.
2. Hated the proposal on Survivor. Maybe I just didn't like either of those players, but I felt like they were taking precious time away from chatting with the players I wanted to hear from.
3. Amazing Race has some marriages too. I wonder the whole reality tv record vs. Bachelor.
4.Please email Jeff!

Can't wait for tonight :)